Thursday, December 3, 2009

Getting in the Christmas Spirit


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and i am so sorry to be out of commission, I think I have been in a bit of mac & cheese coma since last week. So anyways, back to the blogging. I am going to try my best to post very helpful and affordable Christmas ideas....so we will start with food!

This is a very delicious breakfast quiche that I have been thinking about for over a year when a fabulous friend made it for me. Here you go, hope you enjoy!

Puff Pastry Breakfast Quiche

2 Sheets frozen puff pastry
2 cups diced ham (or as her sassy mom suggests...shrimp or lobster, sorry sue, I'm on a budget!)
3 cups swiss cheese shredded
3 cups mushrooms (saute the night before)
1 cup onions (saute the night before)
2 eggs
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/4 t ground nutmeg
1 T fresh basil (I am going to try rosemary)
1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold one sheet of the pastry sheet on each 2 baking sheets. Top with ham, mushrooms, cheese, and leave a 1/2 inch border.
Whisk eggs and spices in bowl
Whisk in Sour Cream
Spoon egg mixture over toppings on each pastry.
Bake for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden and toppings are set

Serve with Mimosas and Great Friends and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment